Starting at $116/night
The Marais cabin takes its name from the melting snow and the spring rains that often leave the ground soggy. Sitting on sturdy stilts, the cabin can withstand bad weather and gives the impression of sleeping in the trees, thanks to the huge bay window. Like most of the cabins, the Marais is located at the edge of the forest and faces the large Gollé Goulu meadow behind which the Laurentian Mountains rise. There is something magical about the sunsets, which you can admire from the large outside balcony or from inside the cabin itself!
Like all of the Gollé Goulu ecolodges, the Marais cabin is lit by solar energy and heated with a wood stove that provides warmth and comfort in colder weather. The cabin also has a small, cute and fully equipped kitchenette: propane stove, dishes and utensils available on-site so you don’t have to travel with a heavy load. In the cabin, you can cook, eat and sleep on furniture made of local wood by local people. While it is a little rustic and a little rough with its large slats that look like barn wood, the Marais is also the sunny cabin. The orange of its hangings and the different shades of wood that cover the walls, the floor and the ceiling give a friendly warmth to this little refuge! While it is small, this cabin can accommodate up to four people, with a double bed on the first floor and two single mattresses on the small mezzanine. The dry toilet, adjacent to the cabin, is accessible from the back balcony: two steps and you’re there!
Pets allowed (extra charge: 15$)
Shower during the summer
Solar powered lighting
Sanitary block nearby
Pillows provided/ bedding not provided
Dishes and kitchen utensils provided
Supplied in the cabin
Arrival and departure
Products on request
- Propane cooktop
- Solar powered lighting
- Dishes and utensils of all sorts
- Wood stove
- One double bed on the first floor and two single mattresses on the mezzanine
- Dry toilet on the balcony
- Outdoor shower, in use during the warm season!
- Espresso maker for the stove
- Cups, glasses
- Pots and pans
- Everything needed to wash dishes and basic maintenance
- Drinking water in an 18-litre tank and non-drinking water available in a tank during the winter, and directly from the sink during the warm season
- Pillows and mattress protectors
- Toilet paper
- Sanitary block within 3 minutes walking distance during the cold season
- Parking adjacent to the cabin
- Fire pit, Adirondack chairs and picnic table outside
- Bedding or sleeping bags Warm blanket (in cold season)
- Outdoor clothing and equipment!
Arrival is between 3 pm and 7 pm; departure is at 11 am.
Various essential products are available upon request: ice blocks ($), wood ($), products from the garden depending on the season ($), bedding ($), snowshoes ($), fishing rod ($), books, games, etc.